Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Following recent government guidelines, Locksmith Doctor Ltd are able to assist you with all your locksmith needs. As a CORGI Fenestration registered company we are committed to following their guidelines to ensure that both our and your safety is guaranteed.
As a result of this we will be following the guidelines set out by CORGI Fenestration and these are detailed below for you.
CORGI Fenestration companies have been working hard to put processes in place so that they can ensure your and their operatives’ safety. A new Covid-19 Operating Code has been developed that they have all agreed to follow.
What can you expect
- The company will contact you on the day of any visits to check if you or any occupants are self- isolating, displaying any symptoms of COVID19, and/or have received a positive diagnosis. If this is the case then the work will be deferred for at least 14 days
- They will ask you to confirm if there are any persons currently identified as most at risk, such as the over-70’s, and/or with underlying health issues. In accordance with government guidelines the work should not go ahead in these circumstances and any visits should be rescheduled once government advice changes
- When anyone visits your property, they will arrive where possible in separate vehicles to avoid cross contamination and where this may not be possible will follow the PHE guidance
- All equipment will be cleaned before use
- Before they approach your property, they will use hand sanitizer and put on the appropriate PPE
- They will not shake hands with you, although a smile would be welcoming
- Safe distancing will be maintained throughout between you and the operative. Please help to maintain the 2 meters (6 feet) social distance that will be required when answering your door or if you are in the same room as the operative
- You will be asked to isolate yourself away from the operative in a different room whilst the work is carried out
- If you are having considerable work undertaken that may take several days/weeks to complete, you may be requested to allow a portable toilet and washing facility to be placed on your property
- If there is no provision then the operatives will follow the guidance on use of PPE and hand sanitizer
- At NO time will any operative use your toilet or washing facilities
- Protection in the form of new or freshly laundered dust sheets or disposable covering will be used for the floor and furniture within the room
- Much as our companies enjoy the hospitality offered by their customers, we are afraid that at these unprecedented times, they will not be able to accept refreshments from you so please do not be offended when we say “please do not offer any refreshments”
- The installer will wipe down all frames and fittings, both inside and out, using disposable wipes and/or disposable cloth and a suitable product
- All rubbish will be removed from site
- All disposable items and PPE will be removed from site
- Handover documentation including the companies’ workmanship guarantee and details of how to operate the products will be supplied to you electronically or, if this is not possible, by first class mail
- A follow up call will be made to confirm that you are happy and can operate the installed goods
- If washing/toilet facilities were provided they will be cleaned in accordance with the supplier’s guidelines and arrangements will be made for their collection
- Once the installation is complete, and you have indicated your acceptance, your installer will notify the work to CORGI Fenestration
- Your CORGI Fenestration Installation Certificate and Building Control Compliance Certificate will be provided to you electronically within 48 hours of completion
- You will also receive a request to rate your installer and to complete a short questionnaire to confirm that the installation was carried out in accordance with the COVID-19 guidelines
Whilst every precaution is being taken to limit the risks and exposure to the virus, we cannot guarantee that this will be eliminated completely and would encourage you to continue to follow the Government guidelines on social distancing and washing of hands.
We, and our companies, would like to thank you for your cooperation in helping us to ensure yours and the operatives’ safety.
Copyright CORGI Fenestration Scheme 2020